As Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer at KMWE you are responsible for the optimal supplier quality within the framework of the Purchase Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Express, together with others, the quality vision, as established by the PM.
- Maintain and continually improve the quality system regarding the quality assurance at suppliers.
- Provide support to SCM in the development and maintenance of the vendor rating system and Qualified Supplier List.
- Monitor and manage suppliers regarding performances that relate to Quality (Q) and Logistics (L), based on established KPI targets.
- Assess and evaluate preventative and corrective actions at suppliers.
- Advise and support staff from within the quality function.
- Perform specific analyses and assessments on Quality (Q), Logistic (L) and Technical (T).
- Manage, evaluate and ensure process control at suppliers.
- Oversee matters that relate to quality from customers to the suppliers and the organisation.
- Translate QLT-requirements from account teams to suppliers.
- Formulate a quality plan (Suppliers Quality Planning) and supervise its implementation at suppliers.
- Ensure the qualification of suppliers by means of system audits, process audits and product audits (ISO 9001, ISO 13485) and periodic assessment of delivery performance.
- Partly responsible, in consultation with the PM, for the release of suppliers for the delivery of products and processes and the management in the Approved Supplier List.
- Ensure the product release and release process at suppliers (FAIs, EMPBs).
- Carry out an incoming goods inspection and formulate an inspection plan for subsequent deliveries.
- Register non-standard items and communicate this through NCRs, and initiate necessary actions to suppliers, in collaboration with the Account Teams.
- Identify the need to block suppliers for deliveries or reject for qualification and remove from the Approved Supplier List.
Required knowledge, competences and skills
- Degree at the level of higher professional education (HBO), preferable in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant Precision Mechanics / Mechatronics work environment.
- Experience with and training in static testing techniques and data analysis.
- Experience with high-end quality systems.
- Demonstrable personal skills such as persuasiveness, analytical skills, a customer-first approach, pragmatic, leadership competences and good communication skills.
- Good Dutch, English and German language skills both spoken and in writing.
- A proactive attitude supported by the ability to convince people, analytical, a customer-first approach and strong communication skills.